Lately, I have been obsessed with chickpeas. From roasted chickpeas and hummus to this super easy vegan chickpea taco recipe… I’ve been eating a lot of chickpeas. Aside from the tortilla, everything in this recipe is a whole food — so this recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also really healthy!
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) offer a wide variety of health benefits. (Did you know beans can reduce inflammation, which can prevent disease? I can’t say enough about plant-based eating, how it has changed my life, and how it can change your life, too!) I hope you enjoy this easy, healthy recipe!
Vegan Chickpea Taco Recipe
- Tortillas of your choice!
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas: Rinsed, drained, and dried.
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Packet of Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- Guacamole (Homemade or store-bought!)
- White Onion: Diced.
- Cilantro: Chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- In a mixing bowl add chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil — and finally, Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning. Mix.
- On a foil-covered baking sheet, spread the chickpeas in an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas on your tortilla, and add guacamole, onion, and cilantro. Serve.
The best part of this vegan chickpea taco recipe is: you’ll end up with leftovers which are super easy to reheat and put together. The recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. I really hope you enjoy this vegan chickpea taco recipe! If you try it out — or if you have any questions — please let me know by commenting below!