Over the weekend, I tried a couple of new recipes: one was a vegan puppy chow recipe, and the other was this vegan kung pow chickpeas recipe! Lately, trying new recipes has not only been something I need to do as I continue learning and navigating a plant-based diet, but it’s also something I love to do; it’s really relaxing and fun!
Vegan Kung Pow Chickpea Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons, Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons, Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Line, Juiced
- 1 Tablespoon, Organic Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon, Cornstarch
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons, Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup, Kung Pow Sauce
- 2-3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- Steamed Brown Rice
- In a mixing bowl, blend all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add chickpeas to the marinade, and stir.
- Cover the chickpeas for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, on medium heat, add marinated chickpeas, organic coconut oil, kung pow sauce, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until the chickpeas have browned slightly.
- Remove the chickpeas from the heat, and allow them to cool just a bit!
- Serve the chickpeas while warm, over steamed brown rice, and garnish with green onions!