This weekend, I’ll be heading to Iowa for a quick spring weekend getaway! I’ll be speaking at Iowa State University on behalf of With Grace and Gold! (See what I’m packing for the trip here!) With our upcoming weekend getaway in mind, I’ve been daydreaming about a trip to someplace tropical — like to the beach in Florida or the Bahamas! For today’s post, I teamed up with HomeAway to share my weekend getaway essentials!
Weekend Getaway Essentials
- A floppy beach hat. Nothing says ‘beach day’ more than a big floppy beach hat.
- My favorite magazines. Lately, I loved reading Real Simple and More Magazine.
- A picnic basket. Ben and I usually bring our favorite snacks and card games.
- Sea salt texturizing spray… to embrace messy beach hair.
- A big beach blanket. For comfort and relaxation.
This summer, I hope Ben and I will have an opportunity to travel to someplace tropical and warm. HomeAway offers vacation rentals in so many beautiful places!